The new terminal at Flatholmen is part of the realisation of our vision – to be the logical logistics choice for industry in Møre og Romsdal. The terminal is due to be completed by summer 2024.
Our new terminal at Flatholmen will give us an efficient facility that is sustainable, technologically advanced and ready for the logistics needs of the future. This new terminal will provide:
A better location
- The location of the new terminal at Flatholmen will avoid town centre congestion. Flatholmen is more accessible, with direct links to the main access routes to Ålesund by land and sea.
An increased service level
- The Flatholmen terminal will give us substantially increased capacity, and is designed with a view to increasing efficiency at all stages of the logistics process. The increased capacity will mean that we can serve a much larger customer base. In addition, larger dock facilities will facilitate the simultaneous handling of more and larger ships.
A more sustainable value chain
- During the planning process for the new terminal at Flatholmen, we focused on energy efficiency, the use of renewable energy and the efficient management of waste and emissions. Bringing together more of our operations in one location will also contribute to increased cooperation and reduced transport.
- Terminal area: 82,000 m² The total terminal area will increase from approx. 40,000 to 82,000 m²
- Terminal building: 12,000 m² The new terminal building will be 12,000 m², compared with 6,000 m² at Skutvika
- 50% more warehouse capacity A 50 per cent increase in frozen, refrigerated and dry storage capacity
- 700 m of dock With almost 700 m of dock, we will be able to serve multiple ships at the same time